Use of cloud services is resulting in immense opportunities for businesses to accelerate and grow. Though cloud services offer a significant set of advantages, they expose organizations to security risks. Adequate cloud security controls must be in place to mitigate such risks. Organizations should be aware of the risks and vulnerabilities they face while migrating their data or applications to the cloud. A holistic and comprehensive approach to cloud risk management is needed, this includes establishing the cloud security strategy, defining roadmaps, and developing policies and procedures.
Cloud risk services can help you to
- Identify unforeseen risks due to the complex and changing nature of cloud services, API, access management, and emerging technologies.
- Overcome lack of clarity in defining cloud security strategy.
- Apply risk assessment methodology to gauge risk levels.
Establish appropriate security controls. Meet cloud compliance objectives.
Phakamo can help you implement a successful risk management program by leveraging industry best practices depending on the cloud service provider, region, industry, and context. The best practices include CSA, NIST CSF, CIS 20, and other regional standards. The implementation lifecycle approach includes planning, assessment, remediation, and periodic monitoring and improvement.
Our experts can ensure:
Your cloud risk strategy is aligned with the enterprise while supporting business and IT strategy.
The risk assessment approach is customized to counter cloud threats and vulnerabilities.
Alignment of risk management initiatives to Cloud Security Alliance, NIST, and CIS 20 frameworks.
Risk management takes into account new legal and regulatory compliance requirements.
Assess and mitigate risks. Enhance cloud security readiness.
The Phakamo Tech Cyber Risk Assessment methodology has been informed and influenced by a multitude of international cyber security and risk scholar articles and frameworks, more so the NIST framework for Critical Infrastructure, COBIT 19 for Cyber Security and Risk Governance, SABSA Security architecture as well as the many customer industry specific frameworks for a fitting evaluation.
We adopt fitting methodologies when delivering the service as per the scope of work, thereby ensuring not only the evaluation of customer’s infrastructure but ensuring risk consideration within the business context of a customer’s organisation appetite, which is a critical barometer for determining business appreciation of acceptable impact thus informing strategic roadmap at the conclusion of the engagement.
Key benefits of our cloud risk services
- Pragmatic and scalable cloud risk management programs customized to suit your business context.
- Adoption of a consistent approach to identify, manage, and treat information security risks.
- Capable of viewing risk and applicability at different organization levels and conduct cloud risk assessments at scale.
- Proven market leader in automating risk management program using GRC technology solution implementations.